?

Log in

ljsec

LJ-Sec updated to version 0.87

« previous entry | next entry »
Dec. 27th, 2011 | 05:02 pm
posted by: soundwave106 in ljsec

LJ-Sec is a bulk journal entry management tool. It allows you to bulk change post security, delete posts, find and replace items, repost journal entries to other LJ-compatible servers, and other assorted odds and ends.

This update fixes a couple of issues with using this tool on systems other than Livejournal (the interface dropdown did not show the correct setting if it was anything other than the listed items, and bugs with the default journal filename were fixed).

Find the download for LJ-Sec at http://www.mp3vcr.com/ljsec/.

Link | Leave a comment | Share

Comments {30}

Chad Gould

(no subject)

from: soundwave106
date: Mar. 2nd, 2012 07:46 pm (UTC)
Link

Magnifier or default font size change, same sort of effect, yes. That's something I'll have to play with Monday.

If you were previously using Livejournal, and then are using Dreamwidth, I wonder if maybe there's some leftover entries in LJ-Sec's cache, that has metadata from Livejournal that Dreamwidth doesn't like. I'd suggest using Journal - Refresh ALL Items and seeing if this helps.

Reply | Parent | Thread

全然だぞと

(no subject)

from: zenzendazoto
date: Mar. 2nd, 2012 11:56 pm (UTC)
Link

I completely uninstalled LJ-sec and all of the journal data and started with a fresh install, which I used immediately on my Dreamwidth. Incidentally I actually used refresh all just before I got that error log for you, because some of the entries I imported since my last attempt to do a security change weren't showing up.

Windows Magnifier is a separate tool with a window that magnifies everything in whatever portion of the screen you mouse over, it isn't the same at all...

Reply | Parent | Thread

Chad Gould

(no subject)

from: soundwave106
date: Mar. 6th, 2012 08:01 pm (UTC)
Link

I cannot understand why Dreamwidth would allow metadata / properties to be stored in an entry that Dreamwidth cannot use when you post later. That's essentially what's happening here.

Probably the best way to handle this would be to add a find / replace / delete option for meta data, which would allow you to delete the commentalter and picturemap_id tags that are causing problems (and also do some other interesting things). Something to add in the next couple days when I get a few spare moments.

Reply | Parent | Thread

Chad Gould

(no subject)

from: soundwave106
date: Mar. 13th, 2012 06:21 pm (UTC)
Link

OK, the new version is out at http://mp3vcr.com/ljsec/.

To fix this problem, obtain version 0.90.
Check all journal entries.

In the top menu, select "Journal / Advanced / Add delete edit property string items of checked items".
For the text box entitled "property to add / edit / delete", copy the following string:

prop_picture_mapid|prop_commentalter

These are the two properties that are reported as unknown in Dreamwidth, prop_picture_mapid and prop_commentalter, separated by a pipe.

Select "delete property".

LJ-Sec will now delete these properties (that Dreamwidth doesn't recognize) from the entry's metadata. After this, you should be able to alter security etc.

Please let me know if you have any problems with this or need a better explanation. Thanks!

Reply | Parent | Thread